Parent Portal is a service offered to parents and guardians for accessing certain student records. The service allows parents and guardians to access information about ALL of their students through one convenient website.
Uniform Shirts can now be ordered at Orientation.
If you ordered your uniform shirts online, Image Depot will deliver your order to Denison for pick-up during orientation. If you missed the online ordering, you will be able to order your shirts at Orientation on August 9th.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (863) 291-5353.
The Florida Department of Health requires 7th graders to have the following immunization:
- Tdap (1 dose) Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis
Documentation of the Tdap is required BEFORE your child starts 7th grade.
Current 6th graders should already have received the immunizations listed below:
- MMR (2 doses)
- DTP/DTaP (5 doses)
- Hepatitis B Series
- Polio (4 doses)
- Varicella vaccine (2 doses) or signed proof of the disease
Immunizations are available from your private medical doctor or the local health department.
Parent Involvement Goal
Parental Involvement decreases as children get older and advance into middle school. Our goal is to keep parents as involved and informed as we can, but we need the help from you in order to accomplish this goal.
Get informed with text messages from Denison – Join our Remind message group!
Follow these instructions to join:
Moms, Dads, older brothers and sisters, grandparents, business people, high school and college students, retired people, community people.
Things To Do As a Volunteer
• Come in and talk about your career
• Read to the class or individuals
• Share your culture or ethnic background with students
• Tutor struggling students
• Direct an activity or special skill
• Recruit others to help
• Help office staff with first day packets
• Reach out to new parents to help them
• Assist with box tops for education
• Help with the school book fair
Assist in the Media Center with book re-shelving
• Assist on picture day
• Assist with chess club
• Assist with PTO Celebration
• Help in the Classroom
• Practice vocabulary with students learning to speak English
• Play instructional games with students
• Join PTO
• And much more
• Tell us your talents and we will find you a place!
Together we make a difference!
Parents/Guardians must have a photo ID and be listed on the emergency information card in order to check-out the student during the school day. This is done to ensure the safety of your child and reduce the chances of an abduction. Please do not send someone who is not listed on the emergency card to pick up your student, as they will not be allowed to do so.
Emergency information cards are sent home with your student at the beginning of each year. Please fill out and return the cards as soon as possible.
Please provide the clinic with the following documentation in order for your child to take medication during the school day:
- a medication form signed by the doctor and parent
- medication with a pharmacy label matching the orders from the doctor
For the protection of all children, no student is to bring any kind of medication to school without a doctor’s verification form. All medications are to be left in the clinic. No exceptions!! Students are not to have medication, over the counter or prescription, on their person. This includes cough drops, aspirin, Tylenol, Advil, Aleve, or other over the counter medicines. For more information, please contact the main office.